Dental veneers make a good solution for getting the look you want to have. They form a better option for people who have misshaped teeth, chipped teeth, or a gap found in between the teeth. In reality, dental veneers form a sort of thin covers which hold on to the teeth and offer a naturally shaped look. Dental practitioners provide a lot of options for veneers. In the present era here are some of the best options that one can go for in case of requirement of dental veneers.
In case you are interested in getting better smile, you have got an option of dental veneers. Veneers can be said to be thin coverings that are put in place on the visible portion relating to a tooth. They appear as permanent teeth. In order to correct a number of dental issues, veneers can be of great help as given below:
- All those teeth as are stained and bleaching cannot whiten them
- Teeth that are worn or maybe chipped
- Badly aligned or crooked teeth, teeth that are misshaped
- Spaces that are uneven or a big gap in front teeth on the upper jaw
Veneers are prepared from a composite resin material, or it can be porcelain. Only your dentist is able to advise you the better material to be used. Veneers of different kinds have their properties.
Steps to place porcelain veneers
- To get the teeth ready, your dentist normally scrubs a bit of enamel off the sides and front of your teeth. It provides a befitting space needed for veneers necessarily for the teeth appear natural.
- Your dentist creates a mold or an impression pertaining to the tooth that has been prepared. Also, your dentist decides the shade of the veneer that suits your smile.
- The mold or impression will be sent to some dental laboratory that makes customized porcelain veneers befitting your teeth. It can take a few days. Your dentist can provide temporary veneers for wearing till your veneers are ready.
- As you pay next visit to your dentist, he puts the prepared veneers onto your teeth to see the shape and the fit. Following any adjustment, your teeth are cleaned, and the veneers are put in place.
- In next appointment, if required more changes will take place
Composite resin veneers
This kind of veneer is prepared from a filling material matching with the color of the tooth and tied onto your tooth.
Advantages of composite resin veneers
- Normally a small amount of tooth enamel is taken away as compared to porcelain or crowns.
- It can be inferred that a few visits be paid to your dentist. It often happens they get placed in one visit.
- These are less expensive as compared to porcelain veneers
- They can be put in easily in case they are damaged. Although, composite veneers are weaker and lesser wear resistant in comparison to porcelain veneers. These veneers are easy and quick to mend.