MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US TODAY!
Causes of Snoring
Following are the common reasons for Snoring and Eve Dental Centre is the best dental treatment for snoring:
- Excessive smoking, which inflames the airways and nasal passages
- Certain medication, including antihistamines and sleeping pills
- Common allergies
- Excessive alcohol consumption slows the responsiveness of the brain and causes all of your muscles to relax
- Possessing a narrower throat passage than average
- Being overweight causes stress on the neck area
- Ageing in men, which will widen the neck area and cause your soft tissue to vibrate with breathing
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Excessive snoring can also be a symptom of a potentially fatal condition, known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). OSA can cause the airways to narrow, resulting in loud snoring and shallow breathing, and in very rare cases can cause the throat passage to close completely, where breathing cannot occur. OSA is hard to diagnose, and as such many people will suffer from the condition and never be diagnosed in their entire life. OSA can be caused by being excessively overweight or having enlarged or inflamed tonsils. There are tons of devices and products available in the market that can alleviate snoring and the threat of OSA and your dentist may also recommend having a custom made mandibular advancement device fitted to you when you sleep and will hold your lower jaw and tongue forward, keeping your airway open and eliminating snoring completely. At Eve Dental Centre we are open for you Dental Treatment For Snoring atProfessional Dentist Berwick, Cranbourne North, Narre Warren, Clyde, Clyde North, Pakenham, Hampton Park, Lynbrook, Doveton, Hallam, etc.